Community Advisory Council
The voices of our members and the communities we serve are very important to us. We know that Clatsop, Columbia, and Tillamook counties all have unique cultures, needs and partners. In each county, a local Community Advisory Council (CAC) engages with our members and the partners who serve them. As a member of the CAC, you can have a voice in your health plan.
Most CAC members are Columbia Pacific CCO members. This gives members the chance to take an active role in improving health for their families, their community and themselves.
The CACs’ duties include:
- Giving important feedback on local health issues such as health equity, access to preventive care, our work in social drivers of health — such as access to food — and more.
- Finding ways to improve Columbia Pacific’s programs and suggesting future programs.
- Advising the Board of Directors on how to respond to members’ needs and plan for community health.
- Organizing activities and projects that are open to and impact Columbia Pacific members and the community.
- Helping with a community health needs assessment and the regional health improvement plan for everyone living in the Columbia Pacific area.
Become a CAC member
You can request a membership interest form by contacting the community advisory coordinator at CACcoordinator@colpachealth.org or by phone at 503-416-5968. You can also fill out our online form or print a form to scan and send to us.
More about the CAC
If you are a health plan member and want to share concerns with the CAC, call Customer Service and speak to a representative about your issue(s). You also can submit concerns in writing via our contact form, or by contacting a member of the local CAC.
All CAC meetings are open to the public. Contact the CACcoordinator@colpachealth.org to attend a meeting in your county. Visitors are welcome to join in CAC discussions but must be on the CAC to vote.
Columbia Pacific's CAC charter is available upon request by emailing CACcoordinator@colpachealth.org.