To provide better care for OHP members, improve health outcomes for the community at large, and reduce the costs of services, the legislature decided to create Coordinated Care Organizations (CCOs) in communities throughout the state.
By working cooperatively, Columbia Pacific CCO and its partners provide a different way of delivering care to OHP members. Working within the community, Columbia Pacific CCO:
• Integrates physical, mental and dental health services.
• Brings new models of care that are patient-centered and team-focused.
• Is local enough to be relevant and large enough to be financially sustainable.
• Is locally governed by a partnership among local health care providers and community members.
• Has a Community Advisory Council (CAC) that looks at the community’s health care needs and recommend transformative changes.